Expert grading and water drainage services offered in Bloomington, Normal, and nearby Illinois cities.
The landscaping professionals at Scott's Exterior Maintenance have over a decade of experience providing lawn drainage solutions for homes in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. We install French drains, dry creek beds, swales, and offer other services to help with drainage and grading at your property. Our services are offered to residential and commercial properties in Bloomington-Normal and nearby areas in Illinois.
If you see water pooling in a certain area of your lawn or around the foundation of your building, there's a good chance it's time to call Scott's Exterior Maintenance for drainage or grading services. Poor drainage can end up damaging your foundation and excess moisture can lead to lawn or plant diseases.
Drainage Solutions: French Drains, Downspout Drains, Creek Beds, & More
There are several potential solutions to drainage issues - our team will determine the best solution for your home before moving forward. If water is collecting in a low area of your yard, a yard basin and underground pipe line will help. If you need to protect your basement and foundation, installing a french drain will divert water away.
We help correct any drainage issues around your building or in your lawn before they cause more damage. We do that in a few different ways, including:
- French Drains: We install a French drain that redirects water to another part of your yard.
- Downspout Drains & Piping: We can install downspout drains and piping to move water farther away from the building so it doesn't pool near the foundation
- Dry Creek Beds: A dry creek bed is a beautiful and functional way to move water in your landscaping or lawn. Usually, it relies on a trench filled with rocks that resembles a creek bed to move water away from the problem area.
Common Causes of Yard Drainage Problems
There are lots of possible reasons behind yard drainage problems, and our team will get to the bottom of it so we can provide the best solution for your lawn. Some causes of water drainage problems include:
- Improper grading (the slope of your yard or lawn)
- Lack of outlets for excess water
- Low-points in your yard or lawn
- Faulty sprinkler systems
- Unexpectedly high amounts of rainfall
- High amounts of thatch, or plant debris
- Compacted soil
- Cracked or improperly installed gutters
Lawn Grading & Regrading
Sometimes, the solution to lawn drainage problems is lawn grading or regrading. Ideally, the land surrounding your home should gently slope away from all structures, dropping approximately 2-3 inches per every ten feet. Finished grading should match the level of your home as well as your existing walkways, patios, driveways, and lawn. This serves to prevent flooding, water damage, and other side effects from having water stand or pool in unwanted areas. Over time, though, downpours, heavy snow, and other weather conditions can erode your lawn and negatibely affect your lawn drainage.